Thursday, March 10, 2016

The Dream Continues! Reverie is OUT today!

Ahoy lovely readers!



Today's the glorious day where my Lucid trilogy continues with its second installment, Reverie! You can view the beautiful Amazon page here: http://www.amazon.com/Reverie-L-E-Fred-ebook/dp/B01CRRS168/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457630865&sr=8-1&keywords=reverie+l.e.+fred



What a beaut, eh?



Being the good little author that I am (see: try to be) I took this day off to devote solely to my new book. I've learned a lot about the publishing world since my start two years ago, and I've written a lot about the publication process. But I've realized that I haven't written that much about my actual stories.



So, today, for the first time in blog history, I'm gonna fiction feature myself.



Promasturbate if you will ;)











I'm not gonna bore you with re-posting my excerpt or blurbs. I'm gonna give you my synopsis, my explanation of this story.


Ever since I was a teenager, I've suffered from this annoying thing called sleep paralysis. The first time I had had an episode, I thought I was going to die. When it happens, I'm either just falling asleep or just waking up. That's what inspired the no-man's land that Devon, Kyle, and Mitch have to walk before reaching Leona's resort area.


Anyway, in this in-between universe is where the fear begins. Your body does this neat little thing during sleep where it paralyzes itself. This is actually good, and it's the reason why most of us don't go acting out our dreams with our eyes shut every night. However, during your slip phase, the paralysis is on, but your consciousness is too.


Most people who suffer from sleep paralysis experience hallucinations. These are usually negative, as the sleeper is already spooked by being paralyzed, Demons, ghosts, and other hideous entities are often attacking the defenseless sleeper, making for a real nightmare of a time.


And that's where my Nightmares come in. I thought about all of the things people are usually afraid of: shark teeth, horns, gravelly voices, and put them into one spooky being. If I could draw, I'd sketch what I was thinking of in my head. I'm sure readers probably consider them walking sharks...oops.






We all know Devon, Kyle, and Mitch are the Three Stooges of my books! 




But the monster beings aren't what bother me about sleep paralysis. What's worse is having to wait out being trapped in this pseudo-dream world while I slowly untangle myself from this sleep prison. Sometimes during this limbo, I think about the possibility of being stuck like this. What would my mom do if she found me immobilized on the couch? Would doctors be able to fix me? Would they think I was in some inexplicable coma?


And that's where I got the idea for Lucid. The blood-sport resort motive behind Leona's enslavement of humanity was purely fiction, but it all sprouted from my fascination with the Dream World being a separate reality. I've always had a huge fascination with fantasy worlds and stores, so transitioning from a sci-fi horror to a world of magical beings and fascinating lands was a no-brainer for me. It was my paying homage to the things that inspired me the most!


Fun fact: I value inspiration over any other virtue in the world. It's one of the most personal things you can do for someone, and it only takes a smile or a well-worded remark to set the inspiration in motion.





If someone can inspire DiCaprio to get an Oscar, you can inspire someone to do something great today!




Lastly, people are probably wondering why I chose to tell my tale fro ma 15 year old boy's POV. That's got to do with my personal history.


No, I was not once a 15 year-old boy. But I did work at a summer camp where all the CITs were tween boys. One, in particular, was a gem. He'd always do what was asked of him and rarely complain. But when no one else noticed, he'd have the sassiest comebacks and retorts for the jerk counselors. I caught a few, and when he saw me chuckle, he'd open up more around me. This wise-cracking kid is Devon, in my mind, and I wanna thank him for being my camper-turned-counselor-turned-book protagonist.





And that's about all I got for you today! Maybe I'll post more of these author insights in the future. Maybe not. Idk, I don't like talking about myself.


Go away and read now!




And remember to keep readin' and dreamin'




-Fred






***And if you haven't or someone you know hasn't read Lucid yet, I'm doing a giveaway on Amazon! Enter to win here! https://giveaway.amazon.com/p/ffc734ba77724d5b?ref_=pe_1771210_134854370#ln-fo

No comments:

Post a Comment