Monday, May 26, 2014

Press for Success and an Excerpt

I try to be clever with my titles. Never seem to get the hang of it. Well, one day.

With less than a month to go before Lucid hits the e-shelves, I've more work than ever to do. Well, OK, maybe writing the actual novel was a lot of work, but this new stuff is haaaaaaaaaard. Who wants to write up a media kit when you can continue writing about a fantasy world of your own design?

What's a media kit? It's a nifty document authors put together for blog interviews and the like. A fellow author and great mentor, Ariella Moon, wrote a post about preparing for one's first book release. I highly recommend having a look here:

http://ariellamoon.blogspot.com/

So, I took the great words of advice from Ms. Moon and created my own little media kit. The hardest part was figuring out a photo. I'd like to remain mysterious for the time being, so I decided to take some artsy-fartsy ambiguous photos. The results are hilarious. If I'm brave enough, I may post them on here one day.

But you don't care about that, do you? Of course not! You're chomping at the bit to read a little more about this Lucid tale I keep raving about! OK, OK. As promised, I'll go ahead and include the prologue of Lucid. 

___________________

LUCID

by

L. E. Fred




I know that most adventure/fantasy/whatever-you-would-like-to–call-these-stories start with something magical, but my story starts with something ordinary, dreams. I’m talking about the “I’m taking a test and don’t realize I’m in my underwear” kind of dreams. We have them every night, whether we remember them or not. Sometimes they leave us waking up with excitement or inspiration. Sometimes they cause us to wake with a shriek and to look around our rooms. Sometimes they leave us waking up confused or ashamed. These experiences are probably commonplace for most people, but I doubt any of you could ever say your dreams caused you to stay asleep for a long period of time.
            What if your dreams made you disappear?

_________________________________

What if, indeed! Stay tuned for more Lucid sneak peaks and character introductions later this week! We'll start with our main man, Devon Alexander, of course! Be nice; he's a pretty shy young fellow.

Also, stay tuned for some great author interviews here on the blog of L. E. Fred! 

Til next time, you keep on readin'!

-Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment